Program on Plant Health Clinic (CPHC)
Eligibility: B. Sc.-Agriculture/ Horticulture
Duration: 07 Days
Admission: Open Through out the Year
Registration Fee – 250/- INR
Course Fee – 1450/- INR
Agricultural extension has been undergoing major changes. Changing policies, declining public funding, new thinking and approaches, climate change and other environmental factors pose major challenges to public sector extension services. Pre-packaged, crop and region-biased extension approaches often failed to help remote and resource poor farmers to cope with rapidly changing realities. This has necessitated the search for alternative approaches. One such alternative, plant health clinics, has been developed and tested by the CAB International led Global Plant Clinic Alliance in many countries since Operated by staff of local organisations in locations that are easily accessible to farmers, plant clinics accept any crop problem. They provide regular, relevant and practical advisory services on plant health management.
1. Development of understanding of various situations prevailing in villages with special reference to plant health.
2. Provide an opportunity to the students for practical training especially in pest management through work experience.
3. Develop communication skills to the students using extension methods in transfer technologies.
4. Indigenous Technical Knowledge (ITK) practiced by farmers.
5. Development of confidence and competence in students for solving problems related to plant health.
For more detail call us / what’s app us on 9548055290